At Lynch Law Offices, P.C., in Lisle, Illinois, we want you to know what you can expect at every step in the bankruptcy process. Every step is vital to the bankruptcy process. It is important you know what to expect from your attorney and what your responsibilities are as well.
- Timeline: Initial consultation — Your initial consultation with an attorney will generally take about an hour. Find out what to expect during your first meeting.
- Timeline: Retaining the attorney — Learn what happens once you have signed your retainer agreement and made your first payment toward your bankruptcy.
- Timeline: Signing your bankruptcy — Before your bankruptcy is filed with the court, you will be given an opportunity to review it. This is the last step before your petition is filed.
- Timeline: Filing your bankruptcy — As soon as your bankruptcy is filed, the automatic stay goes into effect and you are protected from further collection actions. Find out what else happens at this stage.
- Timeline: 341 meeting — Approximately one month after your bankruptcy is filed you will have a mandatory court date to meet with a bankruptcy trustee to testify under oath about the contents of your bankruptcy petition.
- Timeline: Discharge — Your debts will be discharged at the end of your bankruptcy, which usually takes four and a half months from filing to discharge in a Chapter 7. Learn what to expect once your debts have been discharged.
If you have additional questions about bankruptcy, we invite you to call our law office to schedule a consultation with one of our seasoned bankruptcy attorneys. Your initial meeting is complimentary and confidential. Call our firm at 630-761-5274 or send us an email using our online contact form.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.